Dubai Careers and Job Opportunities in Dubai UAE
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
We are looking for highly organized, proactive and solutions driven Project Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating projects, in addition to delivering projects, organizing various tasks for the Department Head, sending weekly dashboards to the brands, supporting in project follow up and admin tasks.
What you will do
• You will be responsible for coordinating various teams on projects and supporting the Department Head on key tasks, reports, presentations and special projects
• You will be responsible for supporting and assisting in meetings, events, organizing workshops, trainings and programme refreshers
• Organise and manage monthly mall visits by team to ensure programme is being promoted
• Organise MUSE Champions meeting every 2 weeks
• Ensure all MUSE Marketing collaterals and updates are transmitted and received by Retail teams
• Communicate weekly targets and dashboards to brand managers and store staff
• Support in plotting business requirements for new projects
• Support in customer journey mapping
• Support in writing briefs and summarizing feedback
• Responsible for recurring weekly tasks like sending dashboard to brands and senior leadership, organizing status meetings etc.
• You will be responsible to follow up on the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
• Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
• Create process documents, ways of working and ensure team tasks are tracked according to priorities
• Ensure feedback received is categorized and passed on to every project stream owner
• Work closely with the Department Head to ensure the key tasks and emails that are outstanding are followed up and kept track off
• Understand roadblocks and present solutions for approval
• Provide reports and track tasks in an organized manner and ensure team deadlines set are being followed
• Follow up with third parties and brands on outstanding requests
• Prepare excellent presentations for senior leadership teams
• Produce status summaries of verified project as per a specific calendar
• Taking meeting minutes from every task
• Follow up approval and payments cycles, and report delays
• Manage budget tracker, invoicing and reconciliation
• Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you need to succeed in this role
We see success in the role as having strong people management skills along with the ability to provide support to senior management and work collaboratively with our leadership team
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below….
• Previous experience of working in Advertising or Marketing as an Account Executive
• Understand the Luxury market.
• Passionate about working in a start-up environment and learn from cross functional teams
• Must be highly organized, proactive and solutions driven
• Can provide examples of strong power point skills and effective storytelling – we would love to see your work.
• Good with Microsoft Excel and learning new tools
• Great attention to detail and ability to connect the dots with various streams
• Project coordination experience
• Excellent at collaborating
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.
Dubai Careers and Job Opportunities in Dubai UAE : The United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) is one of the top destinations for overseas employment for people from all around the world because of the highly paid jobs manifested by the cities’ excellent economy.
Hence, many believe that getting a job in UAE would actually settle them financially for life. These people try to get jobs in UAE and actively seek them through various means.
Dubai, one of the richest and fastest growing cities in the UAE, is continually developing to an exciting, diverse, multi-cultural blend of young, vibrant, and professional people who are enjoying the unrivalled quality of life. This place has also recorded the fastest growth in population in the world, meaning more and more individuals who want a better life resulting from better careers are moving to Dubai each year.
Unemployment is very low and wide ranges of Dubai jobs are available as many businesses are cropping up and existing ones establishing a presence within the region. It is possible to find work in many different market sectors (financial, hospitality, technology, tourism, construction, engineering, computers, medical, etc.). Some of the popular employment agencies in Dubai are the Nadia, BAC Middle East, IQ Selection, SOS Recruitment, and Clarendon Parker, all of which primarily specialize in Dubai and UAE regions.
If you are among the millions who want to settle in Dubai and work there, you must familiarize yourself with the rules. That said, Dubai jobs do not involve tough constraints if you are educated and qualified enough. You will need to have a residential permit so you can apply for a labor card.
The labor card will let you obtain employment in the UAE while the residential permit (obtained in UAE) can legally sponsor you. A person can legally sponsor you if he/she is a relative of yours. A company who is going to employ you can also sponsor you.
Basically to stay in Dubai you must have a resident visa. You can get this either by buying property in Dubai or get your employer to be your sponsor. The later is quite common and usually a pretty smooth process. Over 80% of Dubai’s population is made of immigrants just like you and I.
Let’s talk requirements. A Dubai visa is the most important ones. All visitors, except GCC nationals, require a visa but free visit visas are issued to most nationalities as they enter Dubai. Some nationalities require visa so it is necessary to ensure yours before traveling.
If you are visiting Dubai for job hunting, you will need a Visit Visa for entering the UAE. Upon finding a job, you can transfer to a residence Visa by either re-entering the country or directly transferring it. Your employer/sponsor will know all about this.
The validity of a visit visa is 60 days (most cases). It can be renewed for a further 30 days upon paying a fee of Dhs 500 at the Department of Immigration (this is approximately $135 USD). A ‘visa run’ can be made as an alternative, which entails flying to Doha or Muscat at a cost of approximately Dhs 300 (about $80 USD), and re-entering Dubai on a new visit visa.
In case you have a job lined up for you, the company should have your visa application sent to the airport at the time of your arrival, where a residency visa will be stamped in your passport. Search for my article on “Dubai Visa” where I get into details about Dubai Visa requirements.
When planning to bring your family members to live with you in Dubai, you will need to get a family residence visa, which will allow you to sponsor your spouse, children, and parents. To have a family residence visa, remember that your salary must exceed Dhs. 4,000 a month. This should be no problem if you are in a professional white collar field.
All this stuff is great, but wait till you hear about the benefits involved in a Dubai job opportunity. Search for my article on the “Benefits of a Dubai Job” or visit our site to learn all about Dubai careers and job opportunities in Dubai.
The website is also the best and most comprehensive resource for all your Dubai job opportunity related questions. Look for my review on the Dubai Jobs book in the “book review” section of the website. It is by far the best and most practical and useful book written on how to get a job in Dubai.
Sunil is a co-founder of the Dubai City Information Site, the first & only comprehensive website on Dubai City presented from a fresh, practical & first hand perspective. Read about the culture, history, religion, currency, jobs, hotels, entertainment, tours, transportation, flights, controversies, book reviews, guides, investing, business, sports, etc. you name it.
Dubai Careers and Job Opportunities in Dubai UAE : Jobs in Dubai constitute the largest segment of these jobs, followed by jobs in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Our vacancies in UAE span a wide range of job categories and sectors. The top 3 categories with most jobs are Finance & Consulting, Management and HR. Employers with the highest number of live job openings in UAE are Chalhoub Group, Ernst & Young and Standard Chartered Bank – UAE.
The UAE jobs currently advertised on GulfTalent include vacancies reserved for UAE nationals as well as those open to expats.